Judson Driving School is a Commercial Class C licensed and state certified driving school. We have been in business over 30 years with one location on S Seguin Rd and Gibbs Sprawl Rd. Judson Driving school is proud to say that we have over 150 years of combined drivers education and instruction experience.
We are state certified and follow all state guidelines. We are committed to each student's safety and to provide them with the knowledge and skills to keep them safe on the roads.
Our office hours are Monday to Thursday at 3 pm to 8 pm.
Driver Education Checklist for Students
1. Classroom/Permit test (see Classes)
2. Set appointment with DPS to get permit issued (see Texas Laws)
3. Pick up Permit Certificate from our office, during business hours (see Contact)
4. Get learner's permit issued at DPS ($16 if under age 18) (see dps.texas.gov)
5. Create a schedule2drive.com account ($10 onetime fee)
6. Meet driving instructor at our facility on time with valid permit
7. Practice with parent/guardian in between driving lessons. The state requires at least 30 parent practice hours.
8. Complete 32 classroom hours, 7 driving sessions and 30 parent practice hours (per the state) within 9 months from the 1st day of class to avoid $100 recontract fee
9. Watch the Texas required video on distractions (Impact) after your 7th driving lesson is complete. Impact Certificate must be dated after last driving session.
10. Schedule a driving test if course is complete, at least 16 years of age and held permit for 6 months.
DE-964 (permit certificates for DPS) are available in our office during business hours
DPS requires the following to issue a permit:
a.DE-964 certificate (permit slip) from our school
b. Birth certificate
c.Social security card d.Third form of ID: School ID, Military ID, Insurance Card or Passport e.Parent or legal guardian f.Proof of Residency (take 2 bills & parent on bill must be present) g.Permit fee at DPS ($16 if under 18, $33 if 18 & over) h.Glasses (if needed) i.Verification of Enrollment form (VOE) from your high school (if under 18)
VOE is valid for 30 days or all summer.
For students enrolled in our course, to create a schedule2drive account, click on Schedule2drive above.
New driving schedules are posted every other Sunday after 8 pm.
Due to fuel cost increase, effective 3/21/22 there will be $3 fuel fee for each driving lesson.
Student must meet the driving instructor at our facility at least 10 minutes before driving appointment. There will be a $40 NO SHOW FEE if the student is late, misses the appointment, does not have a valid permit, does not have lenses (if required) or is not able to drive for any reason.
Per the state of Texas, parents must PRACTICE an additional 30 hours of driving with their student. Parent practice may begin after student's first driving instruction with our school. All 30 practice hours with parent must be completed before last driving session with our school. At least 10 of these hours must be at night.
For DPS road exams please click on 3rd Party Road Test above and follow the instructions according to age.
Safety precautions: Face masks are optional in our driving school cars and in our facility.
If you have any Covid-19 symptoms or have been in contact with anyone with symptoms, please contact us by phone or e-mail only.
Driver Education Course (includes classroom & behind the wheel driving instruction in our school)
Adult Driving Instruction
6 Hour State Certified Drug and Alcohol Awareness Program (included with teenage class)
DPS 3rd party driving exams for teenagers & adults (must provide ITTD certificate)