Judson Driving School is a Commercial Class C licensed and state certified driving school. We have been in business over 30 years with one location on S Seguin Rd and Gibbs Sprawl Rd. Judson Driving school is proud to say that we have over 150 years of combined drivers education and instruction experience. We are state certified and follow all state guidelines. We are committed to each student's safety and to provide them with the knowledge and skills to keep them safe on the roads.
Our office hours are Monday to Thursday at 3 pm to 8 pm.
We offer Teen Drivers Education Course, Adult Course, Driving Instruction, 3rd Party Road Test. See CLASSES.
Driver Education Checklist for Students
1. Classroom & Permit test (see Classes to Preregister)
2. Set appointment with DPS to get permit issued (see Texas Laws)
3. Pick up Permit Certificate (DE-964) from our office, during business hours
4. Get learner's permit issued at DPS ($16 if under age 18) (see dps.texas.gov)
5. Create a schedule2drive.com account to schedule driving lessons
6. Meet driving instructor on time at our facility for driving lesson, with valid permit to a void $40 no show fee.
7. Practice with parent/guardian in between driving lessons. The state requires at least 30 parent practice hours.
8. Complete 32 classroom hours, 7 driving sessions and 30 parent practice hours (per the state) within 6 months from the 1st day of class to avoid $100 recontract fee
9. Watch the Texas required video on distractions (Impact) after your 7th driving lesson is complete. Impact Certificate must be dated after last driving session. (see 3rd Party Road Test)
10. Schedule a driving test if the course is complete, at least 16 years of age, held permit for 6 months and watched Impact Video.
DPS requires the following to issue a permit:
a. DE-964 certificate (permit slip) from our school
b. Birth certificate
c. Social security card
d. Third form of ID: School ID, Military ID, Insurance Card or Passport
e. Parent or legal guardian
f. Proof of Residency (take 2 bills & parent on bill must be present)
g. Permit fee at DPS ($16 if under 18, $33 if 18 & over)
h. Glasses (if needed)
i. Verification of Enrollment form (VOE) from your high school (if under 18)
VOE is valid for 30 days or all summer.
New driving schedules are posted every other Sunday after 8 pm.
Due to fuel cost increase, effective 3/21/22 there will be $3 fuel fee for each driving lesson.
Safety precautions: Face masks are optional in our driving school cars and in our facility. If you have any Covid-19 symptoms or have been in contact with anyone with symptoms, please contact us by phone or e-mail only.